Stevens Cornish Slate know an irresponsible businesses can have a negative impact on the environment. We are committed to reducing our impact whenever possible.
We try to recycle and use as much of our product as possible and even seek to reuse waste created from the slate cutting process. We use a significant amount of reclaimed slate in business.
- It is our policy to:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and requirements
- Recycle all waste material possible.
- educe the amount of waste material produced.
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible. we always send quotes as pdf files.
- Only post where there is no alternative.
- Recycle equipment that is no longer of use to the company.
- Keep energy usage low. for example, making use of low energy light bulbs throughout and using schedules to ensure computers are shut down after work
- Reuse waste printer paper for note taking.
- We recycle where possible printer cartridges.
- purchase products made with recycled paper where possible.
- Avoid unnecessary travel by making using applications like skype
We aim to review our Environmental Policy on an annual basis to see if we can lessen the impact further.
Our Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy