Shipping / Terms of Business
At Stevens Cornish Slate Company, we aim to make sure that you receive your goods in top condition. Items can only be shipped via courier. Courier parcels are charged in four bands bands, 1kg, 5kg and 10kg and 10kg+.
NOTE:- Scotland. Highland and Islands and Ireland, please contact us for shipping quotation BEFORE ordering.
All goods are uninsured. We will only consider replacement of damaged items if notified on the day of delivery with a picture of the damaged goods sent HERE
We will ship overseas to any destination. Please CONTACT US before placing an order so we can get you the best price.
Terms of trading
1. All of our slate tableware is hand cut. Sizes are therefore approximate. Rough edges are to be expected although we do our best to remove sharp parts. Exercise care when handling your slates.
2. Slates are fragile and will be despatched fully boxed and wrapped to protect them. Notify us by email and with a photograph of any damaged item WITHIN 24 hours of receipt to start any claim for insurance.
3. Goods sent by courier are insured. We will only be able to replace goods damaged in transit providing we receive an email with a photograph within 24 hours from the goods being signed for. Insurance claims are subject to the couriers terms of trading.
4. We will not issue refunds for unwanted goods. It is up to the buyer to ensure they order the correct product. CONTACT US if you require confirmation on sizes, material, shapes, handles BEFORE placing the order. All visits to the website are logged.
5. Damaged goods, if covered under the terms of an insurance claim, will only be replaced with an item of the same type and material.
6. We will be unable to refund money or replace any item where an insurance claim fails for any reason. Fraudulent claims will be referred to the police, the couriers insurance company and our legal department.
7. Taking into account all of the above, if you do feel that you have a legitimate complaint, then please contact us first. We will always try to ensure that our customers receive the best treatment and care and we will always act to ensure a swift resolution to all complaints.
Cookies may be used to track your movement around the site and accepting them is a condition of using this site. Your information will never be passed to a third party.